Celebrate Earth Day the Easy Way!
April 22, 2012 § 1 Comment
Happy Earth Day everyone! Created simultaneously in 1969 by Senator Gaylord Nelson UNESCO‘s John McConnell and first celebrated on April 22nd, 1970, Earth Day is a celebration of all things awesome about the environment. Here’s some ways to celebrate in a sustainable way:
- Go outside! It’s nice out. Go play catch, take a bike ride, play a game of soccer. Do something outside. The only energy it will use is your own – nothing more environmentally friendly than that!
- Recycle last night’s cans. I’m talking to you, college students. We know you partied. Just make sure those cans get recycled, ok?
- Buy a water bottle. A reusable one of course. Buy a gift for mother nature – and yourself – to celebrate. The 5 dollars you spend today will mean a lot more savings to you and the planet down the road.
- Make a donation. Donate to an environmental chariot – the NWF, WWF, COEJL, etc.
- Make a commitment. Today is the day you start doing something sustainable. Commit today to start using a reusable shopping bag, or to walk to work instead of taking the subway. If (and when!) you’re successful, add another one on next year!